This is an advanced course in ethics. It is designed for people governed by and interested in ethics in psychology, health and social services. Professionals in other disciplines may find the course relevant.
Overall objectives of the program
The overall objectives of the training are to enhance:
• knowledge of ethics
• understanding of ethics
• ability to apply ethical rules.
- Psychology practitioners Psychology professionals
- Psychology students
- Counseling professional Counseling practitioners
- Students in Counseling
- Other related and interested professionals & students
This is a self-paced online course. Those who wish to engage in discussions may do so through the Practical Application of ethics course forum.
- HPCSA Ethical Code: Ethical rules Annex 11-12; Ethical rules Annex 12
- Undesirable Business Practice www.hpcsa.co.za/hpcsa/default.aspx?id=152
- Tuskegee Study of Untreated Syphilis in the Negro Male: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_Study_of_Untreated_Syphilis_in_the_Negro_Male
- The Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment. http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0762136.html
Candidates may access the study material online or via hard copies from the original sources. The case study is provided by below. The study material may change from time to time, based of feedback and new developments. Please note that Globallinkage.org does not guarantee access to the material via the websites provided above. Supplying the sites is a facilitation process and candidates may use search engines such as www.google.com or call the relevant institutions to get the study material.
A minimum of 80% is required for successful completion of the course. A certificate will be awarded to those who achieve this goal.
Proof of Completion
Upon completion of the course you will be awarded a certificate. The certificate will be e-mailed to you using the address you provided at registration. Should you wish the certificated to be sent to an alternate address please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to your certificate, Globallinkage.org will keep a record of individuals who have completed the course as required by the HPCSA. Globallinkage.org will keep the records for at least five years.
A non-refundable fee of R 684.00. Candidates may repeat the examination up to 3 times at no additional cost.
We value your feedback. Please complete the evaluation questionnaire after completion of the course.