ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- Management/Business Administration qualification will be advantageous
- Developing short courses for training in the hospitality industry
- Training experience in the hospitality industry
- Previous Business Development experience and proven track record in Tourism, accommodation is essential
- Experience of developing a business plan and be judged against budgetary expectations.
- Reporting experience, skills in Microsoft Packages essential
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS
- · Developing a sales plan for the market to ensure company sales of accommodation and venue for events, including conferencing, weddings, parties, etc. and profitability goals are achieved. Prepare action plans for effective sales leads and prospects. Researching the industry and identify potential customers. Drive the sales process from cold calling achieving the required number of visits to potential customers per week to discover and explore opportunities and to introduce company as the supplier of choice. Achieve sales objectives by closing new business deals, develop and negotiate contracts, integrating these with business operations. Define strategy to achieve targets and follow punctually. Maintain the Business Development database.
Multi task, time Management with a professional approach to meeting deadlines, team player, lead by example.
REQUIRED PERSON COMPETENCIES
- Must have a valid Driver’s License. Flexible and innovative in adapting and applying knowledge and experience to different circumstances and environment.
- A lateral thinker, intuitive but analytical decision-maker, skillful negotiator, strong Entrepreneurial skills and effective strategist.
- Well spoken with good communication and listening skills. Customer service orientated.
- Assertive, focused and disciplined. Target/results driven with a sense of urgency to get things done, Ability to manage stress.
- Desire to improve the status quo. Self-starter. Strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as strong presentation skills.
- Strong Organisational skills and computer literacy as regular reporting is a key function of this role. Ability to conduct one’s self at all levels.
- A positive attitude coupled with a passion for Business Development is essential.
- Ability to work without supervision and to lead Juniors. Strong networking skills and professional personal image are non-negotiable.
Effective generation of new business through cold calling, telephonic canvassing and generating customer base
Growth of existing customer base in the public and private sector, religious groups, family groups or community groups
Prepare short courses and train people in the hospitality industry