This course is an advanced course in rehabilitation. It is designed for people interested in the practice of rehabilitation. It is applicable to Psychologists and professionals in the Health and Social Services professions.
Overall objectives of the program
The overall objectives of the training are to enhance:
• knowledge of rehabilitation
• understanding of rehabilitation
• application of rehabilitation concepts
- Psychology practitioners
- Psychology professionals
- Psychology students
- Counseling professionals
- Counseling practitioners
- Students in Counseling
- Other related and interested professionals, professionals & students
This is a self-paced online course. Those who wish to engage in discussions may do so through the Advanced Rehabilitation course forum.
- Chapter 2 of the Constitution (http://www.info.gov.za/documents/constitution/1996/96cons2.htm)
- HPCSA Ethical Code: Ethical rules Annex 11-12; Ethical rules Annex 12
- Poverty and Disability: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0825/is_3_70/ai_n6237484/pg_1
- Use of the resiliency model of family stress, adjustment and adaptation by rehabilitation counselors: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0825/is_3_73/ai_n21092800
- Predicting rehabilitation outcome for supplemental security income and social security disability income recipients: implications for consideration with the ticket to work program; http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0825/is_3_71/ai_n15384189
- Practicing multiculturalism: affirming diversity in counseling and psychology: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0825/is_4_71/ai_n15970797
- Psychosocial adaptation and quality of life in multiple sclerosis: assessment of the disability centrality model: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0825/is_1_73/ai_n19094552
- SA Dept of Labour Code of Good Practice on Disability in the workplace: http://www.labour.gov.za/legislation/code_display.jsp?id=8529&programme_id=2670
- Workplace Accommodations: Low Cost, High Impact (ATTACHED UNDER RESOURCES)
Suggested Readings & Sources
- The NeuroScience Center of Indianapolis http://www.neuroscience.cnter.com/clinical_treatment_facility.html
- Computer assistive technology for people who have disabilities: computer adaptations and modifications: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0825/is_3_70/ai_n6237489
- Job Accommodation Network: http://www.jan.wvu.edu/
- Candidates may access the study material online or via hard copies from the original sources. The Study Notes are provided below. Please note that Globallinkage.org does not guarantee access to the material via the websites provided above. Supplying the sites is a facilitation process and candidates may use search engines such as www.google.com or call the relevant institutions to get the study material.
- Globallinkage.org appreciates the power of a learning community. To this end, we have established a forum where candidates may engage. Those who wish to engage in discussions may do so through the Advanced Rehabilitation course forum.
The examination for this course consists of 3 essay questions. Candidates may download the examination and do it off-line and then submit it online. Candidates must complete the examination within 90 days from the date of registration. Three attempts are allowed without having to pay additional registration fee. After 90 days or 3 unsuccessful attempts at the examination, candidates are required to pay another registration fee.
A minimum of 70% is required for successful completion of the course. You will be awarded a certificate upon completion of the course. The certificate will be e-mailed to you using the address you provided at registration. Should you wish the certificated to be sent to an alternate address please send an email to email@example.com. In addition to issuing a certificate, Globallinkage.org will keep a record of individuals who have completed the course as required by the HPCSA. Globallinkage.org will keep the records for at least five years.
A non-refundable fee of R 684.00. Candidates may repeat the examination up to 3 times at no additional cost.
Proof of completion
Upon completion of the course you will be awarded a certificate. The certificate will be sent to you using the email address you provided at registration. Should you wish the certificated to be sent to an alternate address please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to your certificate, Globallinkage.org will keep a record of individuals who have completed the course as required by the HPCSA. Globallinkage.org will keep the records for at least five years.
All candidates will have an opportunity to evaluate the course at the end of the examination.