The overall objectives of the training are to enhance:
• knowledge of psycho-legal practice
• understanding of psycho-legal practice
• ability to apply psycho-legal concepts and approachesTarget audience
- Psychology practitioners
- Psychology professionals
- Psychology students Counseling professionals
- Counseling practitioners
- Students in Counseling
- Other related and interested practitioners, professionals & students
- HPCSA Ethical Code: Ethical rules Annex 11-12; Ethical rules Annex 12
- Patrick, C. Ed. Psychology, Psychiatry, and the Law: A clinical and forensic handbook.
- Ashead, G & Brown, C. Eds. Ethical Issues in Forensic Mental Health Research.
- Candidates are responsible for acquiring the books. You may google the books to find out which is the most convenient way of accessing the books.
- Globallinkage.org appreciates the power of a learning community. To this end, we have established a forum where candidates may engage. Those who wish to engage in discussions may do so through the Psycho-legal course forum.
The examination for this course consists of essay and short questions. Candidates must complete the examination within 90 days from the date of registration. Three attempts are allowed without having to pay additional registration fee. After 90 days or 3 unsuccessful attempts at the examination, candidates are required to pay another registration fee. Candidates may download the examination and do it off-line and then submit it online. There is no restriction of how long you may sit for the examination.
A minimum of 70% is required for successful completion of the course. A certificate will be awarded to those who achieve this goal.
A non-refundable fee of R 684.00. . Candidates may repeat the examination up to 3 times at no additional cost.
Proof of completion
Upon completion of the course you will be awarded a certificate. The certificate will be sent to you using the email address you provided at registration. Should you wish the certificated to be sent to an alternate address please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to your certificate, Globallinkage.org will keep a record of individuals who have completed the course as required by the HPCSA. Globallinkage.org will keep the records for at least five years.
We value your feedback. Please complete the evaluation questionnaire after completion of the course.